Six weeks until the 2010 election and the Tea Party remains the big discussion point for wonks across the country. Here’s what’s been happening over the weekend:
- The Untied Nations Summit and Clinton Global Initiative begin today in New York City. [USA Today]
- CNBC’s John Harwood hosts a town hall event in Washington DC with President Obama today at noon. [CNBC]
- The New York Times cites Obama aides as prepping a united front against the Tea Party by tying them to the GOP…
- …yet Politico‘s own White House sources say the Times is “100 percent wrong.”
- And the Washington Post cites an AP poll claiming both Republicans and Democrats are disliked by voters, which always leaves a third-party option.